Do birds really eat oranges?

I was talking on the 'phone to my sister in Inglewood  yesterday when I mentioned there was an orange on the back lawn and walked over to have a closer look.  On closer inspection I started to laugh because this is what I saw. 

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I'd have said birds didn't eat oranges.  Well they apparently do because here's the evidence.  Susan wanted to know if there was much of a hole in it.  Under other circumstances I'd ahve said yes, big enough to back a trailer into!   I sat the shell on something solid and took one other picture to see if I could show just how much the bird didn't eat.  This is the result.


This should have been enough vitamin C to last this bird for the rest of its life!





















No comments:

Post a Comment